Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Labor Day Weekend

Yesterday, we enjoyed a beautiful day at my in-laws. Back in February, my father-in-law won a special meal at an auction. The meal was to be prepared by two chefs in their own home with a menu of their choice. One of the chefs just happened to be my stepdad, Joe. So... it turned into a family gathering! The meal was delicious - unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the food - crab dip served on crustini bread, shrimp cocktail, blue cheese wedge salad, filet served with a homemade bearnaise sauce, roasted garlic mashed potatoes, and seasoned asparagus. YUM!!!

While prepping the food, the chefs had a small mishap with the sinks dish disposal. Yes, that is a plunger in the sink. All was well about 2 hours after dinner when a friend of the chefs (a plumber) came to fix the problem. I'm sad to say that I missed dessert - mixed berries over vanilla ice cream.

On Sunday, Scott went with the boys and I to the Orioles game. It was a pleasure to see a game where the O's actually won!


2 comments:

Alan & Tina said...

Those lucky-streak Smiths! Scott wins a meal AND the O's win the game HE attends...love it.

And I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to get together and talk school and kids and life w/you! :)

P. Smith said...

Thanks for the pic. Now I can get a clear close up visual of Josh's eye that I could not see when skypping.

How embarassign for my mom to see her disposal have problems.